Gingermelon LolliPoppet Dolls
I finally gave in, and bought one of Gingermelon's patterns. I think they are impossibly adorable. And what little girl doesn't need a dolly? My biggest concern was being able to recreate the eyes the same way that she had done. And, truth be told, I don't think mine are exactly like hers. It is a little tricky drawing on muslin. But, since you are tracing the pattern, it is possible to get them relatively close. I didn't follow the pattern on the dress, since I was going to make her pajamas. I should have gathered it a bit more around the waist. Oddly enough, the doll doesn't really need breathing room. She can't complain if her clothes are a bit tight. So, it kept slipping off. To fix that, I used eyelash yarn to make a boa, and sewed it on to the pajamas dress. Now she is fancy. Oooh.
For her hair, I brushed out some roving that I had around the house. The color was more important than the fiber. I couldn't find any yarn I had that was auburn. Mine isn't nearly as polished. All the same, I think she turned out rather well.

No comments:
Post a Comment