Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Time

Yeah, I know, politics and religion... Guess what - I'm a Mormon, and I vote conservative.  Not only that, but yes, I teach my children that they should vote conservatively; that it is their job to take care of themselves and not rely on government programs to get by; and someday, I will even teach them that it is their right to own a gun.  So, now that that part is out of the way -  Today being election day and all, I was talking with R. and explaining the voting process; how the electoral college works, and looking at various maps on the internet, with the different states registering their votes.  I was explaining to him why I was voting for Romney instead of Obama, and the fact that Obama is a socialist - he believes that it is the government's responsibility to take care of people, and that rights are from the government - I do not, and intend fully to explain this to my kids - which I have done, as much as you can with a 6 and 4 yr old, who then start playing Romey (J's version of Romney) and Obama.  Well, R's response was "Yeah, we're voting for Romney.  I still kinda like him (Obama), but Romney's hair is cooler." - Hey, it worked for JFK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Years Past - or Three

Google, being the helpful sort that they are, sent me a 'hey you haven't used this in two years; are you sure you want to keep it?...