Okay Carol,
Let's hear what kind of fabric you think this is. For those of you not privy to the conversation surrounding this (which would be Holly, since she is the only other person who reads this), T's grandma was an avid quilter. When she passed away in November, T's grandpa started giving away her collection of fabric. I didn't think I was in on the pot, so I didn't ask for any. However, when he came up for Christmas, he mentioned that if I would like some, he would put some aside for me. Well, he sent me up a box of fabric, and being the greedy person I am, asked for more (in an nice way, don't worry mom, I wasn't rude!), well he had already let the RS come in and scavenge it. (Me crying!) So, there wasn't much left. However, he did give me a box of her embroidery, which didn't have much - except this. Which I won't part with for anything. Enter Carol to identify my cool find. It is linen stitched to the fabric. The original design was drawn onto the linen. There are faint marks visible where she didn't make part of the design. If you notice there are two circles on the bottom of the curly part, and only one on top, but a faint pencil mark for the other circle. At first glance it appears to be machine stitched, because it is sooo precise. However, upon further inspection, you see where the thread was knotted to start a new motif. The crochet hooks are also pretty cool. I'm not sure what the deal is on them, but the bottom one, you notice, has a coil wrapped around it. Which makes me infinitely curious as to why. So Carol, do your darndest. I am waiting!
No comments:
Post a Comment