I know that I shouldn't laugh at my children's expense. But, honestly sometimes it is hard not to.
J. has issues sleeping. He has since he was born. We used to have to wrap him in a Moby Wrap just to get him to sleep. Then he had colic issues, and finally when he started going to sleep, he had to have a specific routine, and be nursed to sleep. When we stopped that, he hung on to the rocking to go to sleep. Just before Miss M. came along, we put him in a room with R., and he had to quit going to bed by being rocked to sleep. (I think it is the motion that helped him to get to sleep.) All along though, he has had troubles staying asleep, and will usually wake up several times during the night. So, when I hear him crying in his bedroom, I don't think too much of it. It is usually him talking in his sleep about R. being a mean older brother, or that he can't find his water, or that he wants a hug from his mom. So tonight, I hear him crying, and can't quite understand him, and he somehow sounds muffled and distant. Okay, I think, he hasn't come and found me, must just be a dream about R....... Crying continues - still muffled, and sounds somewhat frantic. So, I go to check it out. Somehow, he had gotten himself under his bed, and fallen asleep there. Oh, there's nothing quite like reassuring your child, while trying to hide the fact that you are laughing at the situation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Two Years Past - or Three
Google, being the helpful sort that they are, sent me a 'hey you haven't used this in two years; are you sure you want to keep it?...
-
Okay, so he isn't technically wearing a kimono - it is a haori. But it sounded good! It is a better picture of the haori that you w...
-
Gingermelon LolliPoppet Dolls I finally gave in, and bought one of Gingermelon's patterns. I think they are impossibly adorable. An...
that is so cute and so funny
ReplyDeletewow ~ it alll makes so much sense now ~ and the lamb can now sleep ~ ;-D
ReplyDelete