Monday, March 19, 2012

Children's Wall Art

Makes it sound so benign, don't you think?  Maybe even cute. Unless of course it happens to be that your
children have a knack for finding Sharpies - which "art" doesn't come off so well.  Incase you are wondering; yes, you can get Sharpie off of a tv screen.  Just write over it with a dry-erase marker.  Getting it off the wall is another story. So most of our masterpieces are of the drawing in circles variety.  Not very exciting, and not at all museum worthy.  
Others were written as instruction.  Author R. informed me that this one was to let everyone know not to go this way... There is a companion mark on the other wall letting know you know not to go that way either, but to go through the doorway in between the two.

This one was inspired by a tv program.... I'll let you guess which one.  But, it is a clue to solving what the blue dog wants.  We even have one that is a compilation work from multiple artists - including the youngest.  
However, the one that I like, and I think is really cool looking, is the one on my washing machine.  I think it looks like it would be right at home in a museum somewhere.  I'm not sure of the artist on that one.  Not everyone is as quick as R. to claim responsibility. Our washing machine is on its way out, so I thought I should document how cool it is before it is lost.  But I would say it definitely follows the Picasso school of art.


1 comment:

  1. Very creative minds!!! Hopefully nothing too permanent there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Two Years Past - or Three

Google, being the helpful sort that they are, sent me a 'hey you haven't used this in two years; are you sure you want to keep it?...